This week you have been reading The Cask of Amontillado by Edgar Allan Poe, which deals mainly with revenge. As you could tell by reading, the story uses suspense and tone to create eerie, dismal tone of revenge. Most of us how experienced some type of revenge in our lives – whether it deals with getting revenge, someone getting revenge, or some revenge being done to you.
Your Task Today:
Today, you are going to tell us a story of revenge. You may discuss a time when you got revenge on someone, someone got revenge on you, a “revenge” that happened to your friend, or simply, make one up. At the end, be sure to discuss a “lesson learned” or how you felt about the entire experience.
While writing your story, keep a few things in mind:
- The elements of Plot
- Strong Vocabulary Words
- Effective Sentences
- Pretend you are talking to your friends!
Rubric for Story of Revenge:
Proficient – story is 2+ paragraphs long, story uses strong vocabulary words and effective sentences, story deals mainly with revenge (in some way or another), and story has elements of plot
Non-Proficient – story is less than 2 paragraphs, there are no strong vocabulary words or effective sentences, story does not deal with revenge, no elements of plot
21 comments:
When I was little my familt and I lived in Chicago before we moved to Jersey. One night we were having dinner in our kitchen. We had spagethi and meatballs, we always ate the meatballs last because they were the best. Sooo I had like four meatballs my older brother had three, he wanted one of mine I said no. So when I went to the bathroom he took mine. I was so upset.
Then he went to get my little brother his sippy cup. When he did that I was cleaning the table so since he took my meatball and I souldnt have than no one could. I sprayed his meatball with this table cleaner I was using. He came back said this taste funny and he threw it away. After he left the table I was laughing sooo hard. It was a funny day.
i remeber last year at my old school with my friend on a thursday morning.As we were going into school he told me he didnt feel to good.later that day he ask me if i can come with him to his house because he didnt want to walk home alone.it happens to be that on that day we had alot of work to do in our classes so i told him no that i couldnt leave.
About two weeks later i got sick and i felt really bad so i walked up to him and asked him if he can walk with me to my grandmom house because i didnt feel good.on that day he told me no.i felt really bad but i learned my lesson to always be there for a friend when he or she is sick.
One time my older brother and I were walking home. We both had to stay after school for detentions and my older sister was supposed to let us in. My brother and I ran home but when we got there the door was locked, all the lights were off and no extra key was left. My brother and I got home at 6:00 pm, my sister didnt come back till around 10:30 - 11:00PM. She decided to go to her boyfriends but said she 'forgot' to tell us, mean while the whole time she was crackin up since we were soaking wet.
Two weeks later my brother came up with a plan to get my sister back. I reamber the night perfectly. It was new years eve 2006 and my sister came home caked at 5 AM. When we were sure she was deffantly in a deep sleep we got the permanit black hair die out of the bathroom that we d bought specificly for this moment. My sisters had just died her hair a golden brown/light blonde the night before. My brother and I mixed the die. My sister had on a black shirt. We sliped into the living room and gently took the tip of her hair all the way to her shoulders and started dieing it. We waited the 30minutes for the die to set and then rinsend the die out with a bucket of water. We were amazed that during all this she didnt wake up. At one point we thought she had becuase she started talking in her sleep. Cleaning up the mess and sliping back into our rooms we went to bed waitng for the blow out in the morning.
The next morning my sister was eating breafest when we came out, we figured she hadnt figured it out yet and just got up. We whatched her trying are hardest not to laugh. She kept asking what are problems were. Finaly she got up and went into the bathroom, the water for the shower started running, than out of no where we heard a loud scream.
THE ENDDDDDDDDD
Revenge is sweet to everybody in the world especially me. Its was a cold ,and stormy night ,and my niece had broke a glass vase. So then I was watching her ,and she said hakim did it. So my mom asked me "hakim did you really break my glass vase then i said no. All of a sudden my niece came down stairs and said yes grandmom he really did break your vase.
Secondly I had got in trouble i was on punishment for 3 whole weeks. I was so bored that i couldn't do anything but stay in my room and watch tv. So then one day I had my niece came over and i had dropped my mom phone in the water. Suddenly i had blamed my niece and said she did it and she got in trouble for like 2 weeks. Finally thats why i think revenge is really sweet
one day this boy named brandon got picked on and he was getting bullyed. and people used to dump choc.mild on his afro.the students use to kick him so muchh intil he cryed an till he gave his lunch money uhp..
Brandon revange is that he gave them his lunch moeny and, they stoped dumping milk on his head. After brandon stop carning then the students that where bully him stop because they knew his was worried about it but he really wasn't worried about it.so they just left him alone.
lol :)
The day I got revenge is when my baseball team loses the game. We all was crying about are lose and we look in said we want revenge. So next year we practice hard so that we can win the whole thing. The reason we want revenge is because we want to see how it fell to win it all. we know revenge is bad but you dont know how it feel to lose the game.
last year in december, i wanted to watch the movie 8 Mile. the movie started at 8 o'clock, and i was making popcorn, and serving myself some Mountain Dew. as i was about to put on the movie, my step brother took the remote, and put on a football game. i was highly upset, and i wanted to seek revenge on him. he refused to change the channel back to 8 Mile.
the night before, i remember him saying something about selling his madden 10 to gamestop for a few bucks. so what i did, was go to the basement, and take his madden 10 disk. i wrote payback hurts on the back of the disk, with a sharpie marker. when he realized what i had done, he told my father without hesitating. my father punished me for 2 weeks. i was kind of upset, but happy at the same time. i watched 8 Mile a few time while on punishment, but i couldnt go outside, so i was gonna think about my actions the next time.
One day, my brother thought it was hilarious to lock me in the basement. When he finslly let me out i told him i was going to get him back. I let him suffer going day by day with no revenge. he was starting to go into the basement because thats how he THOUGHT i was going to get him. But that wasn't my plan at all .
One day after a week, my mom left to do grocery shopping. Luckily, my brother was sleeping and didnt kno she left. I waited and waited till he awoke. When i heard him i went and hid outside near the window. My brother ran all around the house searching for someone. He ran outside crying for someone to answer and come home. After, me laughing i finally came out and told him i was babysitting and played a trick on him. He was furious !
one time my friends played a trick on me up at a store. we rode are bikes up there and went inside. we left are bikes out front and when i came out it was gone. they took it and hid it behind a bush.
i was freaking out and stuff but then they told me where it was. it was a huge relief. to get back at them me and my friend took apart there bike and hid parts all over his house. it was really funny. (didnt have time to finish)
We were all just getting into shop talking, laughing, and having a good time because we knew our teacher wasn’t here and we had a sub. Since there was a sub we all changed seats and sat near each other to do our work together and make time go by faster. When the sub walked in we really didn’t pay much attention to her we just went on doing what we were doing while she sat there. She took attendance and we sat there discussing our plans and things for the weekend.
A couple minutes later my friend stood up to ask the sub a question but before she could speak the sub told her to sit down and do her work. She paid no attention to her and still was standing so she said the second time “I said sit down, what are you deaf..?” My friend didn’t like the way she was talking to her at all and you could tell she wanted to get back at her. When the sub left to go to the bathroom she said watch this and stuck the gum from her mouth all over the subs chair. She ran back to her chair quickly, and when the sub came in she sat down and didn’t notice a thing. It was then when she stood up to write something on the board that everyone was pointing to the back of her pants laughing calling her sticky butt. She didn’t know why we were doing that and when she noticed she had sat in gum she called the security and no one would tell who it was. The next day they figured out who it was since everyone was talking about it and my friend got in trouble and had to pay for her jacket. She didn’t learn her lesson because she just recently played a prank on our shop teacher was kind of funny but not rite.
Revenge happens everyday. I've experienced revenge many times. I served under it and was punished by it. My brother, he was a strong and beautiful figure. I looked up to him, sometimes. Other times I'm disappointed by him. He always played tricks and pranks on me. They were harsh and cruel. I never understood why though.
He always scared me and made me cry with these "pranks". I just got fed up and wanted to make him pay. Revenge looked beautiful to me at this moment. I decided to lock him outside the house for a whole day and hide his cell phone. When he was coming home from school, he would find himself locked out and unable to call the house phone. It was perfect.
The plan followed out perfectly and his dark skin looked like it was turning into a new shade of redish purple and brown. He was fuming. If I didn't know any better I'd think he was a over boiling teapot. I was laughing a Maleficent like laugh. Evil, just so pure evil. I loved it. I wanted him to suffer as he had made me suffer. But my fun was cut short, I had forgotten to lock the windows and he had climbed through. I was so afraid that I hid the whole day I pretended to come back from a sport tryout. It worked but I was truely disappointed.
In Call od Duty Black Opps. I was playing Sharpshooter with my freind Isaiah. I was in the lead he was in sec and in the last 5 secs. He hatcheted me. So now my 500 points went bye bye and he came in first in. So I played hima gain and I looked for him.
I killed no one else but him. I saved my hatchet for him. and in the last minute I hatcheted him right in the head. Then I Shot his dead body with my crossbow bolts and balistic knife. And knifed his body with my balistic knife.
On wensday i was playing sharpshooter on call of duty black ops. I was playing with my friend and some random peolple. I was in first place for most of the match. I felt like no one could bring me down. I was wrong about that. From out of no where my friend tomahawked me and i shot down to last place.
I wanted revenge for what just happened. I had to wait for the next match to get him back. As soon as the next match started which was gun game i got my revenge. My friend just happened to be in first. So i knifed him and took first place. I was now even and no longer needed revenge.
I remember it like it was yesterday, when I was a little boy about 8 years old. Me and my friend had cookies that my mom gave us before dinner. I decided to go to the bathroom, I really had to go by time I got done and came back down stairs the cookies were gone. I know he ate them because he was laughing at me, I felt ashamed I really wanted those cookies. So the only thought on my mind was revenge.
The next day when he came over i put glue on hi chair, i was giggling he wanted to know why i was laughing. We sat down " why are you laughing" you will find out i said.
'lets go outside i said" ok he said. He couldnt get up i was on the floor rolling i was happy i got revenge. Till this day we still pull pranks
Before my brother was listening to music on my cd player. But before he put his cd in, my favorite cd was in there. It was " A Day To Remember" cd. He didn't put it back in its case.
After i found out, i actually broke his cd. Which it was a " Big Time Rush" cd. My mom told me not to do that. I felt bad in the end but also soooo goood....
One time my nephew hid my cell phone. I was so mad. He acts like he didn’t know where he put it. I know he’s only 4 but if he could hid it he should know where it at. I try calling it but I remember it was on silent. I swear I look all over. I finally found it in his bed. I wanted revenge! I couldn’t do much because he is only 4 but had something in mind. I hid his favor toy. I hid it in my room. The next day he kept looking for it. I enjoy doing this to him. But later I felt bad in just gave it to him.
my sister and her friend never listens. so one day it was very late and it was just us three in the house. i left to go pick somthing up and i told them dont open the door or go outside.so when i came back the house was dark and they were upstairs.But i had a feeling they left and came back so i played a little prank on them. i opened the door very wide and made a big loud "BOOM".
They ran downstairs so fast i almost didnt have time to hide behind the bathroom door. the first thing that came out my sister mouth was "didnt we lock the back door when we came in".Her friend replied "yeahh so why is it open".Then they walked very slowly to the door scared when her friend yelled "ooh my god si-si, somebody is in the house behind the door ahhhhh".Her friend ran upstair yelling very loudd "si-si runnn, im calling the police". my sister replied "Alondra its my sister haha". My sister si-si was on the floor scared but laughing so hard......revenge is sweet.
Revenge, a very powerful experience. I remember back to a time when my older brothers picked on me. When I got old enough to realize I don’t want to take it, I snapped. When my brothers went to bed I grabbed my mom’s makeup bag.
I painted their nails, lipstick, eye liner, and I drew all over their faces. When they woke up that morning, they happened to run late. They went to school and got made fun of the whole day. When I found this out what sweet revenge tasted like.
It started when i was in the 6 grade.I want to Bonsall Family School and i was suppose to wait for my sister so i can walk home with her.So i wait and wait untill it got to the point, when i though she left me.It was cold, empty,damp,starting to get dark. So i want home with out her. That was the worst thing i should of done.She start yelling at me like i just wetted myself.So i got mad because she wasnt where she was suppose too be at.The reverage in my heart was cold lik mc donalds fries.when you wait to long to eat them.So when she came in she told them that she was looking for me.meanwhile how we are sing happy birthday i got a text say jazzmine was being bad and class thats why she had to stay after school. So i to[ld my aunt and she got a beating on her birthday right after the happy birthday song
There was this kid name Jacob. Jacob was a very quiet kid who always kept to himself. He has been the topic of conversation and gossip. He has been humiliated, embarrassed and bullied. There was a kid name Phillip who was like the boss of the class. Each day he came in everyone would get quiet. He would always come up to Jacob and throw him out the chair. Until this one day Phillip came in the class and this time he didn’t throw him out of his chair he takes his right hand up and slaps him in the face! After that, the whole class was in dead silence. Everyone was completely in shock. Jacob sat there with his head high and complete silence as one tear rolled down his face.
That night Jacob stayed up all night in bed trying to figure out how he was going to get Phillip back for what he did. Jacob never felt so hurt in his life. Even his own mother never raised her hand up at his face. Jacob just couldn’t stand to keep listening to all the gossip about him being slapped. So that night Jacob came up with a plan. The next morning he quickly showered, got dress, and ate breakfast and headed to school. Jacob was there earlier than all the students in the class. He pulled out gorilla glue and squeezed it all over Phillip seat. So when class started everyone came in class and sat down. Phillip came in a little late as usual and sat down in his seat. Then about ten minutes later he asked to use the bathroom. As he went to get up he notices that he couldn’t and everyone laughed. Jacob even laughed but in the inside the knew there was a better way to handle that situation.
To me revenge hurts but also is like a prank that anyone can have a good laugh. Once i told my mom dat i saw my sister takin money from her purse. My mom was furious when i told her dat but i didnt kare i was like 7 and i was a snitch. damm wat a rat. So my sis got in trouble and when she came down stairs she was mad. So as the week goes my sis was still mad but i dint pay no mind. One day she told me to put this money on mamis purse so i went down stairs an saw my moms purse. When i notice my mom was rite their lookin at me wit a lot of money in my hand and i was like wat. she woop my *** she thought i was stealing her money. I was pissed i told my sis to tell the truth but she didnt. But no one backed me up. But i learned not to snitch on one ever again. Lmao
Post a Comment